Çitil Attorney Partnership as the data controller, present herein clarification text in order to inform you, which is prepared for the protection of personal data of our clients, business partners and other parties with whom it is involved and for providing data security and data privacy.
This Clarification Text has been prepared in order to ensure fulfilment of Çitil Attorney Partnership’s obligation to inform you as data controller regarding your processed personal data (all the information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person such as name, address, phone number, e-mail) submitted and collected within the scope of Çitil Attorney Partnership’s litigation process, preparation of the legal reports and proposals on the other legal services, conclusion and/or fulfilment of the consultancy agreements, carrying out the recruitment process as per the scope of Article 10(ten) of Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698. Çitil Attorney Partnership has the capacity to act as data controller within the scope of LPPD in terms of processing of Personal Data. Personal Data can be processed and protection in accordance with LPPD and other legislation on the protection of Personal Data by Çitil Attorney Partnership.
Purposes of Processing Personal Data
Your personal data shall be processed in accordance with Article 20 of the Constitution of the Republic of Turkey and Article 4 of LPPD for the following purposes by Çitil Attorney Partnership as data controller:
- Providing the services, you demand according to your needs,
- Planning commercial and /or legal business strategies,
- Client meetings held within our law firm, consultancy proposals, preparation of legal reports and examination of proposals for other legal services,
- Conducting the information security process,
- Conclusion and/or fulfilment of legal consultancy agreements,
- Conducting client relations processes,
- Conduct of contract processes and determination and control of the signatory powers of the parties signing the relevant documents,
- Registration of identity, address, tax number and other information required for the identification of the owners and business partners of all kinds of works and transactions,
- Giving information to the competent court, the Enforcement Office, institutions and / or organizations,
- Evaluation of candidates in recruitment processes,
- Giving informing about the developments in the legal world and legal legislative updates,
The Methods and Legal Reasons of Collection of Personal Data
Personal Data are collected by Çitil Attorney Partnership on the basis of the ability of Çitil Attorney Partnership to fulfill its obligations arising from contracts and laws accurately and for the purposes which is relating to the litigation process, legal consultancy services, preparation of the legal reports and proposals on the other legal services, conclusion and/or fullfilment of the consultancy agreements through the all kinds of channels in oral, written or electronic. Personal Data collected for these legal reasons shall be processed and transferred by Çitil Attorney Partnership in accordance with the basic principles stipulated by LPPD, Personal Data processing conditions and purposes specified in Article 5 and Article 6 of LPPD for the purposes specified herein.
Processing of Personal Data
Çitil Attorney Partnership shall protect Personal Data only for definite, clear and legal purposes and will be able to store it for the periods required for the purposes of processing of the Personal Data described above in the relevant section. Çitil Attorney Partnership shall not process the Personal Data in a manner incompatible with the purposes for which they are collected within the framework of this Clarification Text and LPPD and shall erase, destruct or anonymize ex officio or upon demand by the data subject, upon disappearance of reasons which require the process erasure or destruction or anonymizing.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be transferred by Çitil Attorney Partnership to its business partners, lawyers and competent courts and/or enforcement offices and public institutions and organizations for the purpose of legal and financial audits in Turkey in accordance with article 8 of the LPPD, in order to realize the purposes of processing the Personal Data herein Clarification Text and in addition to the data processing purposes stated below. In addition, your personal data may be transferred by Çitil Attorney Partnership directly or indirectly to any third party (including cloud service providers that may have servers in various countries) whom has received or intends to receive or will receive consultancy, support or legal services, competent institutions and organizations within the framework of specified personal data processing conditions and purposes.
Çitil Attorney Partnership takes all the necessary technical and administrative measures in case your personal data is transferred to home or abroad. In addition, a commitment is taken from the third parties who transfer data to ensure that they take the necessary technical and administrative measures.
Rights of Data Owner
According to article 20 of the Constitution of the Republic of Turkey, everyone has the right to be informed about him/her Personal Data and pursuant to Article 11 of LPPD, the rights of the Personal Data owner include the right to “request information”. In this context, Çitil Attorney Partnership provides the necessary information if the Personal Data owner requests information, and Çitil Attorney Partnership gives information to the Personal Data owner about how to use the right to request such information and how to evaluate the issues related to the request information.
Personal Data owners have the following rights under LPPD:
- to learn whether his/her Personal Data are processed or not,
- to request information if his/her Personal Data are processed,
- to learn the purpose of his/her Personal Data processing and whether this Personal Data is used for intended purposes,
- to know the third parties to whom his/her Personal Data is transferred at home or abroad,
- to request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any,
- to request the erasure or destruction of his/her Personal Data under the conditions laid down in Article 7 of LPPD and in this context, to request notification to third parties to whom his/her personal data has been transferred,
- to object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of his/her Personal Data, which leads to an unfavourable consequence for the Personal Data subject,
- to request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of his/her Personal Data.
Application of Personal Data Owner
You may submit your requests regarding your rights mentioned above at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com addresses or from our address below in written form.
Çitil Attorney Partnership
İstanbul Barosu, Avukatlık Ortaklığı Sicili 115
Trump Towers, Residence 2901, PK:34381, Şişli/İstanbul